PennDOT road projects in Delaware County the week of June 25
Road work is back up to full speed this week in Delaware County. The newly announced projects are:
June 26 through June 28: from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Alternating lane closures between the Route 1 and Route 3 interchanges in Marple and Haverford townships for guiderail repair.
June 26 through June 30: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Lane closure at the Springfield Road and Brookside Road intersection in Springfield Township for inlet repair.
June 26 through June 30, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. Alternating lane closures are scheduled in both directions on Baltimore Pike between State Street/Brooke Street and Oak Avenue in Swarthmore, Morton, Media, and Clifton Heights and Nether Providence, Springfield, and Upper Darby townships for sealing, inlet cleaning, and casting adjustments.
Garnet Mine Road
June 28 through June 30: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Garnet Mine Road will be closed between Larkin Road and Maher Boulevard in Bethel and Upper Chichester townships. During the closure, motorists will be directed to use Larkin Road, Bethel Road and Route 261 (Foulk Road).
Aqua Pa. work
July 7 through Aug. 25: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Burmont Road in Upper Darby Township will be closed and detoured weekdays between McCoy Street and Marshall Road. During the closure, motorists will be directed to use Garrett Road/Bishop Avenue, Springfield Road and Baltimore Avenue.
June 26 through June 30: Single lane closure 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. with a second lane closed 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. northbound and southbound between the Philadelphia International Airport Interchange (Exit 12) and the Route 322 (Exit 4) interchange.
July 5 through Nov. 22: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Garrett Road closed and detoured weekdays between Clearbrook Avenue and Lansdowne Avenue in Upper Darby Township. During the closure periods, motorists will be directed to use Sherbrook Boulevard, Springton Road, Marshall Road, and Lansdowne Avenue.
Upper Chi roundabout
July 5 through Oct. 23: Bethel Road and Mill Road intersection will be closed and detoured. During the closure periods, motorists will be directed to Mill Road, Naamans Creek Road, Larkin Road and Chichester Avenue.
Route 420 project
• Through June 30: 7 p.m. to 5 a.m., a weekday lane closure on Route 420 (Wanamaker Avenue) at Route 291 (Industrial Highway) in Tinicum Township
• Through Oct. 16: 7 p.m. to 5 a.m., a weekday lane closure on Route 291 (Industrial Highway/Governor Printz Boulevard) between Route 420 (Wanamaker Avenue) and Third Avenue in Tinicum Township.
• Into 2027: One southbound lane of the Route 420 bridge over the Darby Creek to be closed 24/7 as a four-year project to refurbish and replace that span begins.
Other ongoing projects
• Through June 30: Lawrence Road closed and detoured weekdays 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. between Darby Creek Road and Eagle Road in Haverford Township, utility work.
• Through June 30, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Weekday lane closure with flagging on Route 1 both directions between State Road and Burmont Road for Aqua Pennsylvania work.
• Through July 14: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., weekday lane closure in both directions on Route 3 (West Chester Pike) between Charles Ellis Drive and Winding Way in Newtown Township, for PECO work.
• Through July 31, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.: Marshall Road in Upper Darby Township closed weekdays between Clearbrook Avenue and Maple Avenue for PECO work.
• Through Aug. 3: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Weekday lane closure on Route 1 (Township Line Road) in both directions between Burmont Road and Reservation Road in Upper Darby Township, for PECO work.
• Through Aug. 3: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Weekday lane closure on Route 3 (West Chester Pike) in both directions between Sterner Avenue and New Ardmore Avenue in Marple Township, for PECO work.
• Through early September, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.: weekday lane closures on Route 202 (Wilmington/West Chester Pike), both directions, between Smithbridge Road and Watkin Avenue; and Route 491 (Naamans Creek Road) between Route 202 (Wilmington/West Chester Pike) and Graystone Drive. A second left-turn lane will be installed on southbound Route 202, an additional receiving lane will also be installed on Route 491 (Naamans Creek Road) to handle the increased volume from the new left turn lane from southbound 202. All other lanes within the intersection will remain the same.